At Taita Pharmacy we have a “Duty of Care” for our customers. To provide this we ensure:
- Accurate dispensing of your medicines ordered by the Doctor, Midwife, Specialist, Dentist or Opthalmologist
- Directions for the safe and effective use of your medicine and the expected outcome
- Advice on the correct storage requirements needed for your medicine and if necessary advice on the disposal of any unwanted medicine
- We maintain a medication record on our files so we can be alerted to any interactions or sensitivities
- We must conform to Written Operating Standards to ensure customer safety
- A Pharmacist is available on the premises at all times for private consultations
- We can Blister Pack your prescription medicicines, which provides an extremely convenient system that simplifies all your medications into an easy to use pack
- We dispense all prescriptions according to the requirements of the Ministry of Health and in accordance with our contract with the Hutt Valley District Health Board
WE NOW ALSO OFFER INR BLOOD TESTING FOR PATIENTS TAKING WARFARIN
Convenient-instant INR result and warfarind dose advice given in just a few minutes.
Eaily accessible-just call into the pharmacy
Gentle testing-virtually pain free blood sampling from just a finger prick
If you are taking warfarin or know of somone who does, contact us for information on this service.